Welcome

My photo
Welcome to Chelley's Place! This is my place to come to and share my thoughts, ideas, memories, pictures, tips, and maybe even a recipe or two. I am a roadschool/unschool mom that lives full-time on the road in our converted MCI bus. This blog will follow our adventures and trials. We are involved with a tent ministry so this will follow that as well. I will update schedules, pictures, etc regarding the revivals. Please click on "About" in the categories to get to know each one of us individually.

6/3/12

A Day In Our Life

    Someone on one of my rv groups started a blog carnival :) This will actually be a series and the first assignment was to blog about a day in our life. So here I am! Today was not overly exciting but I decided to break in the new Android tablet Derrick bought me and keep notes.
     Today is Sunday and we usually go to church when we are not holding revival services. Since we move around all the time we go to many many different churches. Today we went with some very close friends of ours here in Emmett, Id. The thing is though, their church is in Nampa, Id (about 45 minutes away). It is a pretty country drive though :)
      So at 8:00 am my alarm is beeping. Anyone that knows me knows that I am NOT a morning person. I am a night owl so my typical day starts around 10 am. Oh how I love my "retired" lifestyle!! Anyway I hot snooze once. Yep only once. I was so proud of myself. I was up at 8:10 and tearing the room apart looking for an outfit to match my new white sandals. Found the outfit (and woke Derrick up while searching) and jumped in the shower. Once out of the shower I threw my youngest daughter in to take hers. And yes I pretty much threw her in ... we now have about 45 minutes to departure. After showers and getting everyone dressed I tackled my oldest daughter's hair. And anyone that knows her, knows hat girl has some hair!!! Somewhere in all that chaos Derrick called our friends to remind them that we are following them to the church and not to leave without us.
       Uh Oh ... we have a furry member that I just realized needs to go out before we go. It is 9:30 and i take him for his walk. Good thing I rushed and was ready to go early :)
       We were told they leave at 10 am. Well at 10:10 we were loading up cars and stopping for fuel. And at 10:20 we are finally on our way to Nampa. They must be running late because the car we are following is passing one and two cars at a time. Maybe they forgot we are following. Just before service starts at 11 we pull into the parking lot. Everyone was friendly and helped me get the girls signed into children's church.
       Ok, about church service real quick .... We really enjoyed it. The worship was very uplifting (and loud). The pastor was very anointed and had an awesome message this morning. He talked about how close God is to us (he dwells in us). We always cry out to God or ask Him to come when we need Him, but He is already here with us, in us. Church service ended at 1:15 and I went to sign the girls out. To my surprise they were still having church. I peeked in the window and was taken aback. Never (and remember we visit MANY churches) have I seen the kids have actual church. This guy was preaching!!! No crafts, no snacks, no play time ... church!! I was VERY pleased!
       While in Nampa we had to make a Wal-Mart run. See, Emmett is very small and has pretty much nothing. Except Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, and Albertson's. Oh and Bi-Mart, but we are not members there. It was a quick in and out trip. We went in around 1:30 and were out by 1:50. That is very good for me and once again I was proud of myself. Got the batteries, bread, and card and ran for the register. By 2:39 we were home.
        We usually stop for lunch after church but we were just wanting to get home. We have a lot to get done today. So at 3:00 I made some sandwiches and we had a late lunch. At 3:20 I took some "me time" and jumped on facebook. The girls watched a movie and Derrick went to help a friend fuel up his vehicles for our road trip tomorrow. And speaking of road trip, I need to pack! So at 5:16 my me time was over and I began packing snacks, clothes, and car ride activities for the girls. I really despise packing. I never know what to bring. I am so spoiled with having my house go where I go. Packing took an hour, I really hope I did not forget anything. Derrick left for evening service at the church here in town, so checking facebook before feeding the girls.
       At 7:15 I decide it is too hot to cook so they are getting cereal. And I decided to catch the last 20 minutes of the Road Rebelles blog radio show. That was ... interesting. Those girls were definitely having fun over there :) Ok fun time is over and my girls need to get in bed. It is only 8:15 and they are having a hard time getting into bed. They normally get to stay up until 9:30 or 10, but we have to get up at 5 am!!!! And once again we all know how I just love mornings (NOT).
     It's 8:30 and the kids are in bed and I just walked the dog. And I am beginning this blog. Well technically it is now 9:14 and I am just finishing this blog. So there you have it .... 12 hours in the life of the Thomas family. Hope you enjoyed our day as much as we have.
    Stay tuned for more posts in this blog carnival/series.
     

5 comments:

  1. Just popping over from my friend Stephanie's blog. We are just about 45 minutes NW of you right now, so it's cool to hear of someone so close to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I'll be a single mama full-time Rving next year so I'm soaking up al the information I can about the life.

    Stop by when you get a chance.
    Monique
    http://mamarvthereyet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a busy day! I don't think I got up til 1pm. :) But we've had busy days on the road too. First Stephanie writes about smoothies, then you about cereal, now I'm hungry! For breakfast. At 2pm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for participating in the Our Life On Wheels :: Blog Carnival Chelley. We haven't made it to Idaho yet, but sure hope to in the next year.

    ~Stephanie
    www.wechoosethislife.com
    Fulltime Traveling Family of Eight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great day! I had to laugh at your "we have a furry member that I just realized needs to go out before we go". Seems like that always happens to us when we are in a hurry to get out the door!

    ReplyDelete