Welcome

My photo
Welcome to Chelley's Place! This is my place to come to and share my thoughts, ideas, memories, pictures, tips, and maybe even a recipe or two. I am a roadschool/unschool mom that lives full-time on the road in our converted MCI bus. This blog will follow our adventures and trials. We are involved with a tent ministry so this will follow that as well. I will update schedules, pictures, etc regarding the revivals. Please click on "About" in the categories to get to know each one of us individually.

12/14/11

Quartzsite, Az

We are once again in Az for the winter. We arrived just before Halloween. The girls participated in the Bouse Elementary School carnival where Michaela took first place once again for best costume in her age group. This year she went as a Red Hat Lady.
We spent Thanksgiving with my parents. We had a nice day with the traditional turkey meal.
We are now out boondocking in Quartzsite. We have had the pleasure of meeting several other fulltime families in the past 2 months. We really enjoyed the Schriers coming out to rough it with us for a few days. We had a blast digging for selenite crystals (Frank even found gold!!). We also enjoyed making homemade marshmallows with 3 families.
I had to get a local job this year to help out with things. I was not sure about going back to work, but I am loving it. I enjoy seeing and talking to the other fulltimers that come in to shop.
We are now preparing for Christmas. This year my parents are coming out to "our Place" (we usually go to theirs). The girls are excited about decorating a Palo Verde tree instead of a Pine tree.
Stay tuned for my next blog on how boondocking for Christmas went :)

No comments:

Post a Comment