Welcome

My photo
Welcome to Chelley's Place! This is my place to come to and share my thoughts, ideas, memories, pictures, tips, and maybe even a recipe or two. I am a roadschool/unschool mom that lives full-time on the road in our converted MCI bus. This blog will follow our adventures and trials. We are involved with a tent ministry so this will follow that as well. I will update schedules, pictures, etc regarding the revivals. Please click on "About" in the categories to get to know each one of us individually.

7/31/11

Miley Cyurus, Judging, Gay Marriage, Tattoos ... And God

I have kept quiet on these subjects for quite a while, not wanting to "offend" any of my friends. But if you know me then you know I live by what the Bible says and I stand for what i believe in. I live what I preach and raise my two daughters this way as well.
This afternoon when I turned on the computer and loaded my browser the first thing that popped up was an article about Miley Cyrus and her new tattoo supporting Gay Marriage (Yahoo is my homepage).
First let me say this: Many years ago in the Hannah Montana craze I like Miley. She stood up on stage during an interview when asked "do you have a boyfriend?" she replied "there are only two men in my life .. Jesus and my dad". I respected the girl. ..... Then she turned 18 and was done with Disney ....
Ok back to the subject; it is not so much that she got a tattoo that bothers me or the fact that she supports gay marriage. She went on Twitter and said: 
"Where does it say in the bible to judge others?" she Tweeted to one of her followers. "Oh right. It doesn't. GOD is the only judge honey. 'GOD is love.'"

When someone says something about someone else people are quick to jump up and say "aren't you Christian? The Bible says not to judge". No that is not what the Bible says.
Many people read Matthew 7:1-5 out of context. 
“Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. 2For with the judgment you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. 3Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? 4Or how can you say to your neighbor, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while the log is in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’s eye"
It is saying do not judge without first judging yourself.
Psalms 37:30 says "The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgement"
A Righteous person will talk of judgement. He will not refuse to judge. He will talk judgement.
A few more scriptures telling us about judging:
Amos5:14-15; Isaiah 59:8; 1 Cor. 1:10; Romans 16:17-18; 2 Cor. 6:17; 2 Timothy 3:5-6; 1 John 4:1

I am not for gay marriage or gay rights. I am not prejudice, I just believe what the Bible says and believe it is wrong. I have friends that claim they are gay and were born that way (but that is another blog subject entirely). I have seen many many people delivered from homosexuality and are living good Christian lives. They will tell you they thought they were born that way, but weren't.
Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin.
Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and acttions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent.
1 Cor. 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Whenever the Bible mentions marriage it is between a male and a female.

Tattoos ...
I see so many people with them nowadays. Especially Christians! They will get a tattoo of Jesus, or a cross, or in memory of a loved one. But the Bible speaks clearly against it.
Leviticus 19:28 "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you. I am Lord."
1 Cor. 6:19-20 tells us our body is a temple of the Holy Ghost.

So Miss Cyrus before you go tweeting and telling others what the Bible says, I think ya better read it honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment