Welcome

My photo
Welcome to Chelley's Place! This is my place to come to and share my thoughts, ideas, memories, pictures, tips, and maybe even a recipe or two. I am a roadschool/unschool mom that lives full-time on the road in our converted MCI bus. This blog will follow our adventures and trials. We are involved with a tent ministry so this will follow that as well. I will update schedules, pictures, etc regarding the revivals. Please click on "About" in the categories to get to know each one of us individually.

7/18/11

A Little About Who We Are

I am creating this blog for my friends and family (or anyone interested) to follow us on our travels. I attempted this a couple year ago and let it go after about a year. This time I will try very hard to keep current. I will try to blog daily and share thoughts, memories, pictures, tips, and maybe even a recipe or two.

For those that do not know us personally let me introduce ourselves. We are a family of 4 (5 if you count my fur baby) that have been traveling full-time in an rv for the past 3+ years. We started out in the 5th wheel we used for camping trips. After a year we upgraded to a 2 bedroom 5th wheel. After another year we decided that we needed something more sturdy and that had more conveniences while traveling, so we converted an old charter bus.  It has been almost a year in the bus and we are loving it!! I will post pictures of our home another time.

Why we live this lifestyle:
In April of 2008 God spoke to my husband and I and said we needed to sell what we have and go on the road full-time in the evangelistic field. We were moving in this direction anyway. Within 2 weeks we packed what we thought we needed (key word being thought) into the 5th wheel and sold or gave away the rest. We spent the next 5 weeks at a friend's house sorting through the stuff we thought we needed. Purged half of it (but still had way too much).  We hit the road and headed north to Idaho where we spent the next 3 months. In that time we purged half the stuff once again.
3+ years later and we are settled into this lifestyle. Actually we were settled into it by the time we got to Idaho.
Since January of 2009 we have been involved in tent ministry. For those that do not know what that is, we do tent revivals.  We are currently a ministry of helps to a very good friend (and spiritual father) of ours. We someday hope that God will bless us with our own tent.

In another post I will introduce us all individually.
Until then I look forward to you getting to know who we are and what we are about.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What a testimony!!! Where are you currently?? I am sure the people from my little church would love to see your ministry. We are in Colorado Springs, CO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, We are currently in Jordan Valley, Or holding a tent revival. You can see an actual schedule with dates of where we will be with the tent at http://getjesus.net . No plans right now to go into Co, but if God leads us that way I will let you know :)

    ReplyDelete